Do you love your job? If the answer is no, don’t worry, you are not alone. The last Gallup poll on employee engagement showed that only 13% of employees world wide were engaged at work. That leaves a whopping 87% of employees staring at the clock all day, wishing they were somewhere else. So what is it that allows us to continue down the path of mediocrity day after day? Are you spending years of your life building someone else’s wealth? Are you currently overseeing someone else’s vision and promoting someone else’s agenda? Do the core values and the mission of the company that you work for align with your purpose and personal cause? Again, if the answer is no, you are not alone, but you have some reevaluating to do.
We often let let the responsibilities of life bring us to a point of compromise. When we allow monetary gain to decide our fate, we become prostitutes of our souls. We are literally selling or time and energy to the highest bidder without receiving genuine personal satisfaction in exchange.
“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5 NLV
You have to believe that you were born for something greater. A divine purpose that only you are uniquely made to fulfill. If you spend Sunday evenings dreading Monday mornings then you will understand what a life outside of that purpose feels like. When you accept money as your number one motivation in selecting a career, many times fulfillment and purpose are placed on the back burner. How long are you willing to live outside of the purpose that you were created for? Tapping into the power of God will allow you to tap into your God given calling and allow you live an authentic life of service and fulfillment. It will also provide for you and your family in ways that you can not imagine. God’s will is for us to live an abundant life but you have to be willing to do the work to get there. You are already “doing the work” for someone else, why not do it for God? You will get a much greater return on your investment with guaranteed success!
If you do not love your job, learn how to build a life you don’t need a vacation from! Sign up for my free webinar here.